Release notes - KeePassRPC 1.9.0

You can upgrade now by following the usual process.

What’s new

• Fixed a bug where the default match URL accuracy setting for a database did not apply to entries that contained no existing configuration settings for Kee
  • New icon to suggest the relationship to the Kee browser extension
  • Enable focussing KeePass from Kee when a database is already open
  • Various usability improvements
  • Possible fix for possible bug that prevents multiple browsers connecting to KeePass at exactly the same time on some systems
  • KeeFox configurations from 2012 or earlier within KDBX files that have not been modified since that date will no longer be migrated to the modern configuration format (workaround this if necessary by using KeePassRPC v1.8 to open and save the KDBX file BEFORE loading the file into KeePassRPC v1.9 or higher)

Rollout plan

After a short period of beta testing / validation, we’ll enable the release for KeePass automatic updates. During the week or two after that, all users with KeePass configured to check for updates should see a notification that an update is available.

3 Likes

I woudl have loved to read what improvements the newest version brought, KeePassRPC 1.10.0. Unfortuantely, on the Github Release page, it says:

Notes pending

Since that version has been released on 19 september 2019, I suspect our dear luckyrat never came around to it :wink:

Whatever the changes are, it runs stable for me since it was available :smiley:

1.10.0 has yet to be released but the pre-release is available for testing. It does seem as though it has been long enough to be happy that it works :wink:

There’s nothing critical in the release so I was waiting for a more substantial set of changes before notifying everyone of a new update to install. It is looking like some of the changes in Kee 3.4 will need some KeePassRPC changes to work perfectly so I plan to develop further modifications to KeePassRPC for a week or two before deciding if it is worth publishing two new versions in a short space of time.

If you’re ever curious and there’s no explicit notes for a release, you can dig into the git commit history to see what’s changed. For example: https://github.com/kee-org/keepassrpc/compare/v1.9.0...v1.10.0