Kee fills Information in a nextcloud form where it's not wanted

Hi,
Kee 3.2.7 (Firefox) trys to fill Information in the “email” field of the personal settings page of nextcloud (18). The data in the field is not overwritten, however, it’s ony marked red, but you can’t see the actual content of the field. see screenshot.
I specified the detailed url for the login page of all accounts that come into question in keepass. the url of the settings page is different from that.
how can that be? can I do something to avoid this behaviour?

Thank you, Stefan

Hi, sorry for bumping an old thread, but I am facing the exact same issue and it’s very annoying!
I have tried playing around with settings but nothing has helped.
Can somebody provide advice?

I don’t have one until now… I disable kee from time to time, when I need to see the contents of the fields.
It seems there are too few nextcloud users here…

Hello Nextcloud users,

This sure is a unique scenario, but can be resolved like other cases. Do you know how to do the following to find names of forms and input boxes to blacklist them for Kee?

Right click the input box, and click Inspect Element:

Look for the input id first. In this case both the id and the name are a generic email, which we don’t want to black list. So look at the form id. In this case it is emailform. We can probably safely blacklist this form, without it disabling email filling on login forms.
Annotation 2020-09-01 094151

To do that, go to Kee’s options, and scroll to the bottom to the Form ID blacklist. Put emailform in the Form ID blacklist. Close the tab, and reload Nextcloud’s settings and see if you still have the issue.

1 Like

There are two ways to resolve these sorts of problems - either stop your entry being a match for the page in question or stop the matched entries being auto-filled.

I specified the detailed url for the login page of all accounts that come into question in keepass. the url of the settings page is different from that. how can that be?

Unless you configure it otherwise, Kee matches based upon domain name, not an exact page. Changing that for the relevant entries will stop them being a match for this settings page. See Controlling minimum URL match accuracy for an entry

If that’s not practical or is undesirable for some reason, you can take the second approach. Obviously you can use blunt measures as suggested like disabling auto-fill for the entry or even all of Kee but often you can be more precise so that there are no side-effects to other websites.

In this case, each field on that profile page is a unique form. That’s unusual for data collection forms like this so it defeats the usual protection Kee has for attempting to differentiate between these types of configuration forms and a sign-in form. Thankfully each of these tiny forms has a unique ID so the problem can be solved as @dzehr explained last month. To avoid potential conflicts with other websites that use a form called “emailform” for sign-in, you can change the options for only your nextcloud hostname and apply the form ID blacklist to just that one website.