Brave Browser - Kee stopped connecting to KeyPass yesterday, "Open Key Vault or KeePass to enable Kee"

I already tried:

• reinstalling the plugin
  • setting the database has the Home Group
  • no updates are available

Following the troubleshooting steps I found that only one of the ports has been opened by KeePass:
TCP 127.0.0.1:12546 0.0.0.0:0 ABHÖREN 14592^

With 14592 being the process id of KeePass.
12536 is not opened by any application.

I just tried KeeFox which works, so I am assuming the issue is either in the Chrome Plugin or the browser (Brave). Here is the version information:

Brave is up to date

Version 1.21.73 Chromium: 89.0.4389.72 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can not see any logs by the Kee Plugin in the console.

I found the logs :slight_smile: I had to go to extensions, click on the extension, check developer mode and click on “background page”.

There I was able to find these logs:

background.js:1 WebSocket connection to 'ws://127.0.0.1:12546/' failed: 
connect @ background.js:1
tryToconnectToWebsocket @ background.js:1
​ HTTP connection did not timeout. We will now attempt a web socket connection.
background.js:1 GET http://127.0.0.1:12546/ net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT
attemptConnection @ background.js:1
​ Attempting to connect to RPC server webSocket.
​ Trying to open a webSocket connection
attemptConnection @ background.js:1
​ Attempting to connect to RPC server webSocket.
​ Trying to open a webSocket connection

I found out that it is indeed an issue with Brave: Bug: Joplin extension 127.0.0.0:port/ping fetch calls always return net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT log messages · Issue #14445 · brave/brave-browser · GitHub, raised 2 days ago and also has the Error Code Blocked by Client

Would be nice to have error handling for BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT in Key, but I expect this issue to be resolved soon from the Browser side.

I think the problems are unlikely to be related. Could you move your post (or create a new one) @proftech, with some more information about the specific problem you see and the error messages you can find?

The original problem is a bug in Brave (now fixed) and discussed in Kee extension 3.7.8 (brave/chrome) won't connect to KeePass 2.4.7

It’s normal for Kee to report problems connecting to KeePassRPC but the explanation for seeing these messages can be as simple as KeePass not running. Different browsers and operating systems can report subtly different messages and unfortunately some of these messages are impossible to handle in Kee - the browsers do not allow us to do so where WebSockets are concerned.