Use with KeepassXC?

Is it possible to use Kee with KeepassXC? I have no idea where to install the KeepassRPC plugin for that, especially since I’m on a Mac and it’s in a .app bundle. It doesn’t seem to have any UI for managing plugins.

There is also a Mac-specific client called MacPass that’s worth considering. It wouldn’t recognize KeepassRPC as a valid plugin, though.

1 Like

Hello,

I did a bit of research on the topic.

I’ve followed this discussion the best I could; the gist of it looks to be that the RPC plugin would be the best way for keepassxc to integrate with the FF/chrome extension.

Now, keepassxc currently can’t use plugins.

On the other hand it supports browser integration through:

• HTTP - about to be deprecated because insecure
  • browser native messaging

(both are referenced in the README of the project)

The native messaging patch has been merged but the release is being held. Let’s cross fingers.

I’ve built keepassxc:develop but it doesn’t connect to the FF plugin (possibly I’m doing something wrong, don’t know).

Me too, I’m looking forward to using keepassxc. I’d like to implement a workflow along the line as described here.

cheers

1 Like

Now, KeepassXC uses [keepassxreboot](https://github.com/keepassxreboot/keepassxc-browser].

Is it possible to use it? KeePass is awful to use on MacOS.

I don’t think much has changed but I’m still willing to help advise developers of KeePassRPC ports. Getting the Kee browser addon to talk to other KeePass ports is essentially still a case of the KeePass port to add support for the KeePassRPC protocol. That could be embedded into the port itself or via a plugin system.

I’ve recently released a Javascript port of KeePassRPC. It’s initial focus is upon working with Kee Vault but if other KeePass ports can incorporate npm modules, I’m happy to discuss any changes that would be needed to ensure it works more broadly across multiple KeePass ports.

Any news on this? I’ve seen that there is an official KeepssXC browser addon (KeePassXC-Browser), but it’s possible to use it with Kee?

I’d really like it if Kee would support KeepassXC (or vice-versa). The KeepassXC-supported browser extension (linked by robsonsobral above) is not good.

Kee is way better — it just doesn’t support KeepassXC.