Payment Methods

Since I don’t own a credit card I would rather like to pay with PayPal, is this possible somehow?

You can pay with any card - it doesn’t have to be a credit card. All debit cards and prepaid cards should work just fine so I don’t think that PayPal would be necessary since you need something like this to use with your PayPal account anyway?

Thats wrong, you can have an bank account as payment option in PayPal
So there is no card needed at all.

1 Like

yeah, I have my bank account connected to PayPal

Interesting; thanks for the feedback. I wonder if this is a supported option for Paypal in all countries. I never saw it when I signed up but then again that was a long time ago and I probably wouldn’t have been looking for it.

In any case, I’ve done some research and I’m afraid that adding support for payment via Paypal for Kee Vault is not going to be feasible at the moment but if enough people show an interest in that as an alternative payment option I’ll consider developing the feature in future.

Until then, perhaps people can post suggestions to this thread about ways to sign up for a pre-paid card or basic debit card?

I’m sure the options vary hugely depending upon which country you’re from but it’s worth looking into digital accounts if you’re in UK/Europe since they are easy to register for and generally offer a better experience than traditional banks - things like Starling, Revolut, Monzo, N26, etc.

I just want to add that I think it is really weird that Paypal is not a payment option. While I have a credit card in general, I rarely use it (it’s also prepaid so I’d have to check once a year that money’s on it). A EU debit card does not work, btw.

So yeah, I’ll have to dig through some boxes to find my credit card, but adding Paypal as a payment option is a no brainer to me, actually.

1 Like

Another option that may (or may not) work is privacy.com. This is a freemium service to create virtual credit cards that can be linked to either real credit cards or bank accounts. I’ve used it myself and have only found minor issues with features and functions. Unfortunately, it is only available to US citizens or legal residents. So far I haven’t found any services that are global, but perhaps there are some out there I just didn’t find.

Hi, I was scrolling through this forum because I was searching for other payment methods except a credit card. I have had a subscription for KeeVault for three years now, but at this point KeeVault is the only reason I have a credit card. Since my bank will charge me for my credit card starting next month I would very much like to use some other form of payment like a debit card or, as already discussed here, PayPal. Has there been any progress on the matter?

Debit cards should work absolutely fine and always have.

There have been lots of faults with banks over the past few years as they have struggled to get to grips with the new security rules that have been coming into place around the world so occasional problems with individual cards were to be expected until they sorted everything out. I would hope that is all resolved by now but am in no way an expert on the status of international banking.

If you haven’t already, please try changing your payment details to be those of your debit card using the “Payment methods” button the on the account management website.

I’m not sure if there is a difference between US and European debit cards, but I can use neither my VPay nor my Maestro Card for payment as they do not fit the expected card number format and do not have CVVs.

Thanks for the additional information. I’ve just looked into this and found that “Maestro and VPAY card can usually not be used for online purchases within Europe”. I remember Maestro cards in Europe around 20 years ago but thought it had been entirely replaced a long time ago; I’ve never heard of VPAY but it sounds like Visa’s equivalent.

Unfortunately since those types of cards can’t be used online, the best thing to do would be to ask your bank for an updated card that will work for online purchases. It sounds as though all banks will be replacing these older card types between now until the middle of next year but if your current bank is dragging their feet then I’m sure there are many alternatives that have already upgraded to Mastercard or Visa.

Being a debit card, there aren’t usually many restrictions on how many accounts you can open so you could maybe trial a new bank with modern cards, without committing to changing your primary bank at this stage.

Fascinating, I did not realise these systems are supposed to be phased out. My bank issued me a brand new VPay card just this year. I guess ‘dragging their feet’ is an understatement.
You are right, though, now that I am thinking about it I have never used the cards themselves for online purchases. Sorry for not realising that sooner. What usually happens is that I can use the bank account associated with the card directly, or use an intermediate service like PayPal.

I understand adding PayPal as a payment option is probably a lot of work on your part, so I’ll just get a new credit card.
But for features to be added in the future, I would love for PayPal to become a payment option.

1 Like

Same problem here, I need a different options since my company does not have a creditcard. Any updates on starting with PayPal or European Debit Card?
If not: is there a way to transport my passwords to a different password vault?