New installation: Kee use with Chrome

For decades i was a FireFox user and have been using Kee/KeePass with it for quite a long time. I am finally making a switch to Chrome. I have tried to make this switch before once or twice, but became frustrated enough and didn’t have the time to sort issues out, that i just went back to FF, but now i am trying to stick with Chrome.

Upon installing Chrome apparently a number of settings and options were brought in from prior attempts from my Google account. Among these are Kee and something called KeePass Tusk, the latter i am clueless as to function.

So far in my limited trials upon entering a credential protected website the proper credentials are entered BUT:

1. What the heck is KeePass Tusk for? Can i delete this?

2. I get a little notification window with a header caption of “Google Chrome” yet a Kee icon (not Chrome) asking me “Do you want Kee to save this password?”. The credentials are apparently already stored as were automatically populated. What is going on?

3. Then the notification reads “Open Kee (click the Kee icon in your toolbar)” - the Kee icon, though i recall it quite well from FireFox, is nowhere to be seen in Chrome nor have i a clue as to how to troubleshoot.

4. I still have FireFox installed (safety net…). Could KeePassRPC be causing any interference with Kee’s interaction with Chrome?

Could someone who knows what they are doing PLEASE help me?

Many thanks to you for considering my confusion, i guess present day stress just compounds that stress into great frustration, which isn’t helping any!

1. Unrelated to Kee.
  2. First time installs show this prompt a handful of times - you may have wanted to save some changes to the credentials that were already populated.
  3. I think Chrome hides all useful extension buttons by default so try to find out how to show them in Chrome - presumably they have a button to press to see all your extension buttons, including Kee.
  4. Should be no problem for multiple instances of Kee to connect to KeePassRPC (but make sure you don’t have multiple KeePass/KeePassRPC instances running on the same computer).
1 Like