Multiple databases on KeeVault

I would like to get a yearly subscription to KeeVault but after doing some research I have a question:

Can I use KeeVault with two different databases, not at the same time?

In other words, I have two databases: work and personal and both with different passwords. Can I use the same service to open only one database at a time? Or I need to get two accounts to connect to different databases? I am currently ussing Kee for firefox and KeePassRPC.plgx plugin

Is the previously described possible in KeeVault?

You can either:

1. Import both databases into a single Kee Vault account (with a single password) - they must be used at the same time.
  2. Keep one database in KeePass format and connect to both KeePass (as before) and Kee Vault - they can optionally be used at the same time.
  3. Create two Kee Vault accounts, each with a different email address and password - they can’t be used at the same time.

Hi,
despite your clear answer I would like to repeat the question:
I personally use two databases, work and personal. I can imagine to only use one within kee vault.
But my wife needs a password manager for approx. five passwords …
To double the price for those five passwords is too painful for me.
Do you have any suggestions?

Also …
Do you plan to brighten up the kee vault interface a little?
Do you send an (eg. annual) invoice?

Thank you @luckyrat See my answers below

1. I rather keep personal and work DBs separately.
  2. Work computer doesn’t allow installation of KeePass. KeeVault is the best alternative at the moment.
  3. Will this mean paying for two accounts? That’s OK if that’s the case.

@fritz I can answer one for you. Can she use the offline version, KeePass? She might not need KeeVault.
I Let @luckyrat answer the others.

Even with only few passwords,is she a typical non-technological user. No clue about safe passwords, usage on android and windows devices etc… Keevault seems more suited.

@luckyrat
I run a business myself. We offer two different multiuser payment models.

1. Personal: Every User may have more than one account. The fist account gets billed full price, every other half price. It is so simple, that so far we have no programmatic solution for this, just a flag. Customer gets a bill for every single account. (we have onle yearly billing)
  2. Company: three different prices: 2-4- accounts: 20% off, 5-25 accounts: 30% off, more than 25 accounts: 50% off. Handling and billing is rather complex, solved programmatically.

I do recommend something like this to you, because many customers will be in a similar situation. If forced to use both, keevault and keepass, they never get true and stable customers because they always use a different solution than keevault.

Kind regards

Yes that requires two accounts. My answer to fritz’s suggestion below goes into a little more detail about why that is the case.

@fritz I’m afraid I don’t have any further suggestions - Kee Vault is designed first and foremost as a password manager for a single person and hence if two people are using the service, there is very little room for avoiding the need for two accounts.

Kee Vault accounts are tied to the underlying encrypted database. This helps ensure that we can offer the best security for individual personal users but precludes the use of the more complex payment models you suggest. This might not always remain the case but ensuring that any technical separation of the account and the secured data can retain the same high level of security and offline availability is a very complex task so even when we have the resources required to tackle this, it will take a significant length of time to develop.

I’m planning a lot of interface improvements to the Kee desktop browser extension but I wasn’t aware of any issues in the Kee Vault interface that require attention. Can you elaborate on what you mean so that I can take that into account for future improvement work?

We don’t automatically email invoices every month (or year) but they can be downloaded from your account portal if desired. In case it matters to you, we’re not currently VAT registered.

Kee Vault accounts are tied to the underlying encrypted database. This helps ensure that we can offer the best security for individual personal users but precludes the use of the more complex payment models you suggest.

I have the need to repeat me:
We have basically the same structure with our business: single acoounts for individual users, that cannot be extended or handled in any flexible way. Our customer management / biling system mirrors this. But manually we flag mulitple accounts of the same person and bill them differently. Manually.
These are your power users, I highly recommend finding satisfying solutions for them.

I’m planning a lot of interface improvements to the Kee desktop browser extension but I wasn’t aware of any issues in the Kee Vault interface that require attention.

I have not used keevault much, since I am still reluctant to switch to a model that will cost me a lot. If I use the same setup I use with keepass, it will cost me approx 3 (Databases) * 2.3 € (monthly price) * 12 (month) * 10 (years of estimated usage) = 828 € (excl. VAT).
I need to add that I despise subscription software and so far am able to avoid it alltogether. Keevault would be the first. I have not decided so far. The choice of a password managing solution is complex.

So far I don’t miss anything, just the style is very basic. I don’t really mind this, it is just rather obvious.
Keepass is more clear to me, I find entries easier visually.

I don’t want to nag; I really appreciate your work!