KeePassRPC asks to save when no known changes were made

Hi,
I think I found a bug in KeePassRPC.

Keepass Version 2.57 64bit
KeePassRPC 2.0.2

1. open Keepass item double-click
  2. close it with X (right corner)
  3. Something will be changed in item, hence it ask for confirmation

This happens only with KeePassRPC is installed. In the history you see that there is an entry for “KPRPC JSON (+)”
This is not nice :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Indeed, it’s not ideal to see this behaviour and it is something I considered and tested for thoroughly before release so it’s a shame to see it affecting some people now.

Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce the problem so can’t begin to hypothesise what is causing it for you.

If a cause can be identified or a PR created to fix the issue I’d happily release an updated version to remove the annoyance. At the moment, given that I can’t reproduce the issue and there is a workaround (either click Cancel or just save whatever change is being automatically made) it’s not something I can spend a lot of time on myself.

I’ve made this post public in case anyone else can help shed light on the cause or potential fix.

I am also experiencing the same problem.
My first question is: When and also what data is your plugin saving to entries?

Whole JSON-string:

{“version”:2,“authenticationMethods”:[“password”],“matcherConfigs”:[{“matcherType”:“Url”,“urlMatchMethod”:“Domain”}],“fields”:[{“uuid”:“AWV4GM2uc0edKFvlK5ZXag==”,“valuePath”:“UserName”,“page”:1,“type”:“Text”,“matcherConfigs”:[{“matcherType”:“UsernameDefaultHeuristic”}]},{“uuid”:“GXkrZAjADkWzARYCM+Vcdw==”,“valuePath”:“Password”,“page”:1,“type”:“Password”,“matcherConfigs”:[{“matcherType”:“PasswordDefaultHeuristic”}]}]}

The strange thing is: the notification for saving changes is not at every try to close an entry with unsaved “KPRPC JSON (+)”-change…

Same for me, I get the same JSON (only UUIDs are different).

KeePass 2.57, a new database, KeePassRPC is the only installed plugin.