You can import passwords from other password managers into Kee Vault. When you first create your Kee Vault you’ll be offered this opportunity; if you want to do it at a later point, or import from additional password managers, follow these steps:
We recommend doing this on a desktop computer if you have trouble transferring the information from your old password manager using a mobile device.
- Sign in to Kee Vault
- Click on the button to access your Kee Vault settings - if you have not renamed your Vault, this will be called “My Kee Vault”
- Click on the “Import” button
- Select the name of your previous password manager and follow the instructions
All import features are experimental and changes to your old password manager can cause temporary problems that are out of our control. Please check that the result matches your expectations and let us know if there are any problems. Provided that we can get samples of the export files from your old password manager, we should be able to enable a good quality import in most cases.
We are also happy to add dedicated support for imports from additional password managers so if you can’t see yours on the list at the moment:
- Check for information in this topic and search the rest of this forum to see if anyone else has provided useful information for you.
- Follow the instructions in the “Other” password manager import section to get your data transferred straight away OR supply us with a sample file exported from your password manager and wait until we have developed dedicated support for this password manager.
- Report your success or any problems you encountered here. This will allow us to know which other services we should add dedicated support for in future, as well as help others to workaround any issues you encountered until we can schedule that work.
In 99% of cases we will require sample exports from your old password manager before we are able to develop a dedicated import feature - obviously we do not want you to transfer any sensitive information to us in these samples but if you are able to offer a simplified and redacted example, this will hugely accelerate the necessary work. Since we also like to be fair with our pricing, it is likely that we’ll be able to extend your free trial period while we are actively working together to import your data from a currently unsupported password manager.