Exact URL matching does not seem to work anymore

Not sure if this a Kee or RPC bug? I using most current versions of everything with Google Chrome. Entries I had setup with Exact match that were once working I can no longer get to work. I have a few sites with logins that have the same hostname but a different path. So I have them setup with the “Exact” match. I had noticed one stopped working a while back, and I was digging into today and discovered now, none of them are working. I have even tested removing ALL “Additional URLs” that I had setup and putting in the EXACT url of the login page I am testing. I then also replaced the URL of the entry to be this same URL. Still refuses to work. If I change it to hostname matching it works, but if I do this for all of these passwords with the same hostname it will then match all of them I will have to pick from the dropdown. Not the end of the world but annoying because this feature used to work. Did something change that broke this, or is this a bug?

Not sure if this a Kee or RPC bug?

Could be either or neither :slight_smile:

There’s no known reason that Exact URL matching would have stopped working and it is working fine for me so perhaps something changed with the website? Maybe they switched to https? If you can provide the URLs in question we could see if there is something unusual about them that might explain the issue.

Ok I thought I tested another random site and confirmed it was not working at all. I tested again today and did get the Exact match to work on a different site. Still refuses to work on this other site though. Here are examples below. The subdomain sometimes can be c or d, and recently they added the /ac/ in there no idea why. I have accounted for this in the Additional URLs, normally I use regex but I have also now tested with the exact URL pasted in.


The site probably changed something about how its sign-in system works.

On the pages you list they use an iframe for the actual sign-in so what is displayed to you in the browser address bar is not necessarily the same site that you are signing in to - https://d.comenity.net/as/authorization.oauth2?client_id=ngac&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fd.comenity.net%2Fac%2Fauthcode&response_type=code&scope=openid%20ac_interactive%20web&state=e93d099c2a1e42af8520ccd8b79a42e2&code_challenge=9jcJjPo3E6nZW-oYtmjpF9WlC8nQsRekZ9FxfIlSRzo&code_challenge_method=S256&response_mode=query&client_name=hottopic&route_header=&select=iframe&restart_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fd.comenity.net%2Fac%2Fhottopic%2Fpublic%2Fhome&is_br=false is what I see but no doubt that will change every time so using an Exact match is unlikely to work. A regex additional URL, probably would do the trick - e.g. looking for the “client_name=hottopic” part of the URL.

Thanks I was suspecting an iframe. I have not done web dev for a long time and was trying to use the F12 tools in chrome to figure it out but I didn’t see anything looking like an iframe. I now see I just was not looking close enough. So thanks for the tip, I will get it worked out with a regex now.