Edge 89.0.774.50 (Official build) (64-bit) / Kee 3.7.8 does not start

Debugging attached.
Keepass_error.txt (3.0 KB)

Can you reproduce the problem with the same database(s) in a different browser?

Yes. I updated to FF 86.0 and 3.7.8 doesn’t start there, either. Icon is orange, says “Off”

Updated
I have good news and bad news. The good news is I received an error from Keepass that said there was no homegroup assigned. Setting one cleared the loading issue.
The bad news. The dropdown still comes up empty at random times even though the icon shows it found 3 entries.

More info

Now getting
WebSocket connection to ‘ws://127.0.0.1:12546/’ failed:
}
httpConnectionAttemptCallback() {
this._webSocketTimer = window.setTimeout(this.tryToconnectToWebsocket.bind(this), 100)
}
connect() {
const _this = this;
if (this.connectLock)
return “locked”;
if (this.webSocket !== undefined && this.webSocket !== null && this.webSocket.readyState == WebSocket.OPEN) {
return “alive”
}
if (this.connectionProhibitedUntil.getTime() > (new Date).getTime())
return “locked”;
if (!this.onOpening())
return “locked”;
common.K.debug(“Trying to open a webSocket connection”);
this.connectLock = true;
this.wasEverOpen = false;
try {
this.webSocket = new WebSocket(this.webSocketURI)
} catch (ex) {
this.connectLock = false;
return
}
this.webSocket.onopen = function() {
common.K.info(“Websocket connection opened”);
_this.connectLock = false;
_this.wasEverOpen = true;
_this.onOpen()
}
;
this.webSocket.onmessage = function(event) {
common.K.debug(“received message from web socket”);
const obj = JSON.parse(event.data);
if (!obj) {
common.K.error(“received bad message from web socket. Can’t parse from JSON.”);
return

You might need to restart your browser after fixing the problem with a missing home group.

It’s interesting that this was the root cause of the problem since with your earlier error log, it looks like we can do better in terms of how we handle that issue. I’ve created a GitHub issue to track that idea: Add warning log when a database from KPRPC is null · Issue #308 · kee-org/browser-addon · GitHub

Coincidentally, the stability improvement I’ve just released in Kee 3.8 beta should help reduce instances where the matched logins view is empty. It’s only going to help with a small number of websites in normal usage but could be helpful for all websites if earlier errors (such as a missing home group) have forced Kee into a broken state.

So if a browser restart doesn’t help, you definitely should install the latest beta and try again with that.

Sorry, I might have led you on a goose chase. After going through all of the homegroup settings and doing some more internet searches regarding “homegroups” in KeePass [not much documented - somewhat mysterious] I rebuilt my database with a single group, and made it the homegroup. Now the blank dropdown issue may be cleared in FF86. So the issue might be with Edge/Chrome as it was with the Brave report. I’m going to keep using FF for now and continue to exercise it.

I took your advice and installed the latest beta version from the Chrome store into the Edge browser and it seems to have corrected the empty drop down problem. Looks good. I want to use Edge for my everyday driver so will see what happens. FF86 works fine with 3.7.8 so will not change anything there until you release the final version(s). :smiley: