Download attachments

Greetings.
I can’t dowload attachments from entries. Two cases: (1) .txt (2) a certificate.

Firefox (updated) on Windows 10 (Sufrace pro 3 and Desktop) and on Android (8.1.0)

Thank you

Hi,

On Windows you can download attachments by shift-clicking on the attachment button for the attachment you want to download. Does that help?

I’ve never tried the feature on Android since I’m not really sure what I would expect to happen with downloading attachments on a mobile device since they don’t really understand “files” per se. What did you expect to happen on Android? Perhaps I can look into making some improvements there.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi,

1. Windows. I am very sorry, I understood badly the instructions. My English is bad and I was blinded by my habit of clicking on an icon with right or left button of mouse and subsequent usual actions.
  2. Android. For example, if the attachment is a .pdf and I push on the attachment icon then I would expect that the .pdf file was downloaded.
    Thank you very much

Don’t worry; it’s useful for us to see which areas of the app can be misunderstood.

Bear in mind that Kee Vault is not designed to be a general secure file storage area so in most cases things like PDFs and documents are not best-suited to being stored within Kee Vault. It’s mostly useful for security-related information such as additional credentials in a txt file, certificates, photos of access codes, and other small items associated with a specific website/account.

I’ll keep your feedback in mind when working on future improvements.

Greetings again.

1. “Bear in mind that Kee Vault is not designed to be a general secure file storage area …” Ofcourse, Ofcourse. It was a bad example only.
  2. “I’ll keep your feedback in mind when working on future improvements”. I’ll appreciate it because if you can’t download an attachment in Android devices, you can’t access, e. g., photos of access codes (you can copy and paste in some cases but it can be annoying or impossible too).
    Thank you very much