Crash during tutorial!

As a new user, I was running the tutorial . . . when I got to “Complete step 3”, I clicked on “Update” from the firefox toolbar button . . . and keepass crashed :frowning: with a SIGABRT

Beginning of the stack trace is:

[xcb] Too much data requested from _XRead
[xcb] This is most likely caused by a broken X extension library
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
mono: xcb_io.c:732: _XRead: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_too_much_data_requested' failed.
Stacktrace:

at <unknown> <0xffffffff>
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Windows.Forms.X11Keyboard.XCreateFontSet (intptr,string,intptr&,int&,intptr) [0x0000b] in <64229ce348bf414baa325904e6b85bb9>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.X11Keyboard.CreateOverTheSpotXic (intptr,intptr) [0x00023] in <64229ce348bf414baa325904e6b85bb9>:0

=========================================
System info:
OS: OpenSUSE Leap 15.0 (4.12.14-lp150.12.25-default kernel)
Browser: Firefox Quantum 60.3.0esr (current for OpenSUSE)
Browser Add-ons: Kee - v2.4.15, KeepassHttp: v1.0.11, KeepassHttp-Connector: v1.8.4.2

Keepass: v2.38
KeepassRPC: 1.8.0.0

Do I need to modify my system config in some way? I searched the forum, but didn’t find any similar issues.

Thanks!

Dan

FYI, this appears to be related to having KeepassHTTP running - if I disable the connector, I don’t get the crash . . . . :-))

So it doesn’t sound like this has anything to do with Kee or KeePassRPC.

Although I know nothing about KeePassHttp(-Connector) my gut feeling is this is nothing their developers can directly fix either, although it probably wouldn’t hurt to make them aware of it.

It looks like a bug in Mono or less-likely, some system component like X-Windows. Make sure all of your system software and Mono is up to date as a first step but after that I’m afraid it’s unlikely we’ll be able to help much on this forum since it doens’t seem related to any of the software we develop.

OK - thanks . . . . sort of my thoughts too. I’ve had some other Mono problems (maybe associated with the fact that I’m still on 5.10.1???). At any rate - it’s now stable with the Http stuff disabled.

Looks like [SOLVED] to me :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

Dan