Coming form Keepass, new to Kee

Hi,
I am new to Kee but a long time keepass user. I setup Kee to connect to my portable keepass version. This worked great by following this forums instructions. I as well followed the introduction to get used to Kee. But there are some questions left:

• Kee finds not all passwords in keepass. For exampe, I have an entry in keepass named TK but if I use the search in Kee it finds only a handful entries. Is there any reason, why?
  • I opened the webpage with this above mentioned password.namely click but on the login page no possibilities or recognition of my password was present. Therefore I tried to utilize the search but had the problem of above issue. Is there any reason why there are no little Vault icons in the login fields?
  • I created this account in the Vault forum and wanted to utilze the Kee’s password generator. I created a password but no pasting was offered. Ok, I used CTRL-V in the password field and that seemed to work but then I couldn’t find a menu point to store the password as suggested and shown in the Kee’s introduction demo. Any thoughts, why?

Thanks for your help.

Kee finds not all passwords in keepass. For exampe, I have an entry in keepass named TK but if I use the search in Kee it finds only a handful entries. Is there any reason, why?

Since Kee is for working with web pages, entries in your KeePass database that don’t have a URL will not show up in the search or be matched for a specific web page.

I opened the webpage with this above mentioned password.namely click but on the login page no possibilities or recognition of my password was present. Therefore I tried to utilize the search but had the problem of above issue. Is there any reason why there are no little Vault icons in the login fields?

Assuming the entry has a URL, there can be other reasons for this but the details will depend upon the specific web site. For example, some websites don’t use password fields (instead choosing a text field and pretending that it is a password field visually) and some will give names to their sign-in forms and the fields within the form which make it appear as though it is not actually a sign-in form (“search” is a simple example of this). Sometimes you can use the “matched logins” button in the Kee popup to see the matches and at least copy/paste the credentials even if the auto-fill doesn’t work.

I created this account in the Vault forum and wanted to utilze the Kee’s password generator. I created a password but no pasting was offered. Ok, I used CTRL-V in the password field and that seemed to work but then I couldn’t find a menu point to store the password as suggested and shown in the Kee’s introduction demo. Any thoughts, why?

It may behave differently when you are first creating an account compared to signing in?

This forum software is updated very frequently and I have heard of problems with the sign in form before, although each time I test it, it works just fine. I probably haven’t done a test of creating a new account for quite some time though so I’ll investigate that again soon.

Hi,

thanks for your tipps. Indeed, I find the password by using the kee search as soon as I add an URL to that entry. Saying this, I added “tk.de” but still the password was not filled automatically nor I got this little kee icons inside the login/password field. I as well can’t use the matched logins button. I could copy the password from the searched entry, yes, but I can do this as well and even more convenient from the keepass window. After that I tried to change the stated webpage to exactly the login webpage in keepass (https://www.tk.de/techniker/meine-tk-2000008) and this helped. Kee shows the little Kee icons I can use now for my convenience but still doesn’t fills it out automatically although I stated it in the options. Are there any tricks for that?

Another annoying thing is that I have to enter the connection password after each new PC wake up although I am the only person who uses my private PC. Are there any means to lower this security?

I added “tk.de” but still the password was not filled automatically

If tk.de is literally what you added to the URL field, it is not a valid URL so that might explain this initial problem.

This might indicate a poor match with the information you have stored in the entry. For example, if there are 20 form fields stored in the entry but only a username and password field on the page, Kee refuses to auto-fill since it’s highly likely that the entry should not be filled in that form. Same applies if you have just a username and password but the form on the page has many fields. Take a look at the KeePass entry > Kee tab > Form fields tab.

Are there any means to lower this security?

Check out the troubleshooting guide for info regarding undesired password prompts.