Where are keepassRPC logfiles

From Firefox, click on the kee icon extension in. Choose “Options” and then scroll down to the “Logging” section:

Where are the kee firefox extension logfiles stored?

I looked in the firefox profile extensions folder, storage folder
C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\RandomString.MyFirefoxProfile\storage\default\moz-extension+++4990c9bd-4fd2-4ac8-831e-6d1cae00fbaf^userContextId=4294967295\idb

There are no files, but there is the .sqlite file. Are the logging files stored in sqlite?

Does one have to start keepass with debugging enabled to get these logs?

Logging is described in the troubleshooting guide: Troubleshooting

Are the logging files stored in sqlite?

No, although I’m working on enabling some persistent logging for later this year I hope (to aid with debugging any issues that did not occur during the current browsing session). It won’t necessarily be in a sqlite file though - it’ll be up to the web browser how and where it stores it on disk.

Having issues recently. Firefox 73.0.1 but others as well in that connection from Browser to keepass db is lost. Or if connection, no passwords are ever found from the extension.

F12:
Source map error: Error: NetworkError when attempting to fetch resource.
Resource URL: moz-extension://4ce6c7f7-0690-4e2d-9426-7680f88560e1/lib/tp/browser-polyfill.min.js
Source Map URL: browser-polyfill.min.js.map

Meanwhile in the “Browser Console”:
21:41:47.779 p.sender.tab is undefined app.js:764
onPortConnected moz-extension://4ce6c7f7-0690-4e2d-9426-7680f88560e1/background/app.js:764
apply self-hosted:1875
applySafeWithoutClone resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm:613
asyncWithoutClone resource://gre/modules/ExtensionCommon.jsm:2456

The KeePass application Database names were identical, confusing kee. I have two or more databases open in KeePass at all times. Recently, I have synced portions of one kdbx to another to share with a coworker. I did not realize it synced the internal names of the databases as well.

Reproduce this way:

KeePass Application with two or more databases open:
–>> “File
–>> “Database Settings
–>> “Database name:
–>> Put in the same name as the other database.

1 Like

Troubleshooting https://forum.kee.pm/t/troubleshooting/560

The troubleshooting section draws a distinction between the webpage specific Tab webpage console and the Firefox wide “Browser” console. These are two different consoles to look for messages in the same webbrowser.

Search the Troubleshooting page for –Debug to find specific instructions on how to launch the KeePass application from a cli to generate logfiles.

Thanks for letting us know. I’ll try to reproduce and investigate soon but in the mean time, I think it’s clear what not to do :slight_smile: