KeePassRPC 1.8.0 is incompatible: "ResX file Root element is missing."

Could not find an option to PM you (perhaps because I am new to this forum?) If it is ok with you please PM me with your email ID I can send you the full text of the error log. Perhaps you will find some additional info here…

Since there is no issue with any other software that I have installed, not planning to reinstall Windows.

KeePass 2.39 / 2.38 is not running in any legacy mode, that I am aware of. Also did not customize .NET in any way.
Just to recap:

• KeePass 2.38 is working fine with KeePassRPC 1.7.3 in the new Windows environment.
  • Issue is with KeePassRPC 1.8 with both KeePass 2.38 and 2.39
  • and with KeePassRPC 1.7.3 with KeePass 2.39

To summarise the discussion Padua and I had via PM, we are unable to identify any reason for the ResX error. So far it appears that this is a problem with the configuration or system files on a single computer and may not be reproducible. If anyone else comes across this same error message, please post details of your system to this thread (or PM me with a reference to this topic) so that we can look for any correlations that might indicate the cause of this issue.

The error “The type or namespace name ‘Linq’ does not exist in the namespace ‘System’” can also be ignored because it is the result of KeePass attempting to compile the plugin with an old version of .NET. This is standard KeePass behaviour and the only reason we haven’t seen it before is that it will only be revealed once another error has caused every possible version of .NET to fail compilation.

PS: I’ve also tweaked the forum settings to make it possible to upload more file types and give all users access to PM functionality.

A post was split to a new topic: KeePassRPC.plgx checksums

I have a very similar problem with windows 7 Home premium SP1 and keepass 2.39.1