Kee plugin for Firefox suddenly stopped working

Did something break with the latest version of Firefox or KeePass? The Kee browser extension has been working for me for years, but it suddenly stopped working the past few days in Firefox on two different Windows 10 computers.

I have Firefox 83.0 (64-bit), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909, KeePass 2.46, and KeePass RPC v1.14.0.0.

This is what I see now in Firefox:

Clipboard03

Clipboard01

Solution is here:

@bat6666

I’m not the developer, and your venom was not directed at me. But, I’m subscribed to this topic, so I had to read what you wrote.

Such words are uncalled for. Please be civil. Neither you nor I pay for this product. The developer gives his time. The language you used was unnecessary, inappropriate, and unconstructive. If you want help fixing something, please describe the issue specifically and clearly. “It’s broken,” to paraphrase you, doesn’t add anything to the conversation, and it certainly won’t help anything get fixed any quicker.

Using KeePass-2.50 and Kee Version 3.9.5 with Firefox. Used to work just fine before the Firefox Update 96.0 (64-Bit) on Windows 10.

How exayctly should I go about this step “Set as Kee home group”? There is no option like “Set as Kee home group” when I right-click on “Datenbank”. Only Add Group, Edit Group, Rearrange, Find in this group, and Search Profiles. Is there a step-by-step explanation somewhere? Did I perhaps do something wrong when I set up KeePass originally?

If the Kee plugin is installed and you make a right click on the top level entry
“Newdatabase” by default you have the option “Set as Kee Home Group”
Screenshot - 15.01.2022 , 13_57_11