Lots of my logins no longer autofill


#1

Hi,

I’ve been having this problem for at least a few months now. A lot of websites that would perfectly autofill my login details no longer do. I’ve tried adding the id and name fields to the whitelist, but, it was no help.

It seems something changed a while ago or something has happened to my kee extension. A selection of websites that used to work and now no longer do is below. Also, they all stopped working at the same time, don’t know if that means anything.

https://www.paypal.com/signin?country.x=AU&locale.x=en_AU
https://ib.tmbank.com.au/IB/Signon/Login.aspx
https://www2.myrams.com.au/internet/Login.aspx

I would really appreciate a fix for this it is very frustrating.

Thanks,


#2

Just tried with Paypal and Dropbox: both are working for me (KeePass 2.38, Kee 2.3.19beta, Firefox 62, Win 10 1803)

Peter


#3

Crap, so it’s probably something wrong with my install or something. I did try reinstall everything and dropbox works now but the others still don’t. I’m running the same versions as you for everything, except my keepass is version 2.39.1.

anyone have any ideas? not having this working is annoying.


#4

I found someone else in this forum with the same problem, below is what they said:

YannickSchinko

I’ve had it happen on quite a few pages that either the data is not entered automatically (even after I manually specified the name and ID of the correct fields) or that it doesn’t even show the Kee symbol, nor fills in the data if I use Kee from the context menu.

A way to debug this would be greatly apprechiated. Like a way to know why it doesn’t automatically enter the data and why it doesn’t even find the form fields.

This is exactly my problem - data not entered automatically, doesn’t show the Kee symbol in field, nor fills in data from context menu.

I had a look at my debug info using the paypal login as an example, I couldn’t see any problem, maybe someone here can take a look and see if they can see anything? would be a great help.

In browser content page script, received message from background script common.js:197:17
scanForOrphanedFields took: 0 common.js:197:17
Finding matches in a document. readyState: complete common.js:206:17
findMatches processing 1 forms common.js:197:17
about to get form fields common.js:197:17
domtype: hidden
common.js:197:17
domtype: email common.js:197:17
proccessing… common.js:197:17
domtype: text common.js:197:17
proccessing… common.js:197:17
domtype: submit common.js:197:17
domtype: password common.js:197:17
proccessing… common.js:197:17
domtype: button
common.js:197:17
domtype: text common.js:197:17
proccessing… common.js:197:17
domtype: submit common.js:197:17
domtype: hidden common.js:197:17
usernameIndex: 1 common.js:197:17
actualUsernameIndex: 1 common.js:197:17
otherFields.length:3 common.js:197:17
Submit handlers attached asynchronously to form 0 in 1ms common.js:206:17
In browser content page script, received message from background script common.js:197:17
scanForOrphanedFields took: 0 common.js:197:17
No forms found on this page. common.js:206:17
In browser content page script, received message from background script common.js:197:17
scanForOrphanedFields took: 0 common.js:197:17
No forms found on this page. common.js:206:17
In browser content page script, received message from background script common.js:197:17
fillAndSubmit started. automated: true, formIndex: undefined, loginIndex: undefined common.js:197:17
Relevance of form is 0 common.js:197:17
The most relevant form is #0 common.js:197:17
We are allowed to auto-fill this form. common.js:197:17
No logins for form. common.js:197:17
Nothing to fill. common.js:206:17


#5

I’ve noticed another thing. When I search for my logins using the search in Kee button in the toolbar, it finds entries that autofill correctly, but the ones that don’t autofill, it won’t find them.


#6

Ok disregard my queries, I worked it out, the reason the autofill didn’t work is because the wrong group in my keepass database was set as the ‘Set as Kee home group’.

Many hours wasted for a simple problem, I have no idea how the group got change though.