Kee generates unlimited new windows when KeePassRPC Plugin is incompatible

With Kee 2.3.19.1, KeePass 2.36, and KeePassRPC 1.7.0.0, unlimited new windows are generated at a rate of about 1 per second. None of the windows contain anything, and they continue generating until Firefox is closed. Upgrading the installed version of the KeePassRPC plugin to 1.8.0.0 solved the problem

Obviously, this is low priority, since this is incompatibility with an old version of KeePassRPC. However, I would suggest that similar compatibility issues are likely to arise in the future. Also, this is very undesirable behavior since it is difficult for the user to stop continued window generation. Therefore, Kee should be modified to keep this problem from recurring.

Same problem here; unlimited new windows (1/sec) when Firefox is open and KeePass is started until Firefox is closed. As far as I know, I am using the latest versions of all involved software:
Keepass 2.38
KeePassRPC 1.8.0
Kee 2.5.6
Mozilla Quantum Firefox for Ubuntu canonical (64-bits) 1.0
OS is Linux Ubuntu Mate 64 bit (Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS) bionic

Can this problem be replicated and preferably solved?

Thanks,

Bart

The latest version of KeePass is 2.41, although this problem hasn’t happened for many other people with any recent version of KeePass so I’m not convinced that is the problem.

I’m not able to replicate it on my Ubuntu 18.04 system with the same software versions (except KeePass 2.41).

In terms of finding a solution, I’d suggest looking for any system software or configuration that intercepts or blocks local network connections or prevents configuration file changes being written to disk.